Friday, March 31, 2006

00146 The New D50 has landed

... shortly before I send it off again under the kite. Wind's looking good for tomorrow aftee and so are the light conditions - now I just have to hope I don't screw it up. It's like starting all over again.

In shooting news, shot the first two cards ever at 15, a respectable 95 followed by a reasonable 93. That was Tuesday. This Thursday I got drafted into the "Elliot Bowl" - teams of four, each member picks a "start" which is added to their card score when finished. It's wierd, because you have to start by getting as high a score as you can on the first seven or so targets, then hopefully try to lose marks as you near the end. I picked a start of 8, so I needed a 92 - which I got in the first round (it was a knock-out competition). In the final, I got 103, which counts as a 97. I adjusted sights right off to the 7 ring, but scored a bull - pants luck.

Kitesurfing today - gusty as hell again, but boosted a massive air off a wave at Vazon in cross shore winds. Airborne for at least 3-4 seconds, got around 20 foot at least (translates as twenty foot max) - just sublime. Apart from that it was a bit of a struggle and I can't wait for a clean onshore. Camaaaan you onshores.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous6:59 pm

    Howdy, I am new to this KAP business with only a sutton ff 16 in hand and a digital rebel slr. I found the wind insufficient to lift the heavy beast. What do you use to safely lift this expensive D50 to heights worthy of gettting pictures? I don't get on line that often as I spend most of my time overseas and with slow dial up.

    your comments are appreciated!

    email me: kirk_thornton@ntm.org

    ReplyDelete