Sunday, July 31, 2011

00611 Day 140, Breadboarder

Breaboarder


Dear Diary

Being a PICAXE microcontroller chip is all very good and well, but I find it hard sometimes. I know I'm supposed to allow people to make anything electrical turn on an off when pretty much anything happens, but lately it's been a real drag. Basically, every time the guy I work for wants to make something, he sticks me in one of those breadboards with loads of holes in it and then just covers it with wires. It's so confusing. I mean, I know exactly what to do and in what order to do it, but this guy, all he has to do is stick a wire in the wrong hole and, BAM! He has to spend the next two hours tracing all the connections back to their origins to find the problem. But the other day, he got me this slinky new PCB which means that all the gubbins that he usually has to wire up to me is already attached in all the right places. I just slip on this PCB and plug myself into the breadboard. I look so much better without all those unnecessary interconnects.

Man, I hope my bum doesn't look to big in this.

No comments:

Post a Comment